Category: Community

How to Harness the Power of Your PTO Policies

Work-life balance can be key to higher personal satisfaction and higher job performance. One aspect of this is how time off is viewed. My first job out of college was in Denmark…

Learn More

Flyin Ryan’s Core Principles: Simple, Wise Words to Live (and Work) By

Many Vermonters are familiar with the story of Flyin Ryan Hawks. For those who aren’t, Ryan Hawks was an avid, full of life adventurer who grew up skiing the Green…

Learn More

Why VT as Gen Y?

One commonly hears about younger generations of the workforce fleeing Vermont as soon as they need to find employment. It is less common to hear about the ones (like me)…

Learn More

Lessons from Downtown St. Albans Revitalization

The City of St. Albans has been in the news quite a bit lately for its successfully completed downtown revitalization projects. And rightly so – they have a newly completed…

Learn More

Developing Good

When I had my own practice in Boston, I learned about the valuable difference between good development and developing good. The Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative (DSNI) in the City of…

Learn More

Burlington’s Generator Maker Space: A viable use for Vermont downtowns

The 5,000 square foot Generator maker space located in the lower level of historic Memorial Auditorium will turn one year old in March. The not-for-profit Generator provides a creative environment,…

Learn More

Burlington Needs Housing More than Another Park

It was recently announced that a portion of Burlington College’s land on North Avenue is proposed to be developed into 520 new housing units. Some are against this idea and…

Learn More

Year-End Reflections from W+B

As 2014 comes to a close, we have been reflecting on the many blessings and successes of the year. As a company, we added a new senior project manager to…

Learn More

White + Burke Thanks You

White + Burke is thankful for so many things, not least of which are our valued clients, colleagues, and staff. Real estate may seem like it is an industry focused…

Learn More