As 2014 comes to a close, we have been reflecting on the many blessings and successes of the year. As a company, we added a new senior project manager to the team – Joe Weith. He has brought over 25 years of expertise and savvy to his clients and great humor to the team. And after more than a year of planning, we were honored to host the first-ever Vermont Development Conference, selling out all 250 tickets, with a full slate of sponsors, and eleven presentations from and for industry experts. Attendees reported back that this conference was “both enjoyable and informative” and that this was the “first time that I got a real sense of the development community.”
2014 was also a big year for our clients and projects throughout the state, among which are:
- April: University of Vermont Medical Center announced a new inpatient building to be constructed on the main campus in Burlington
- April: CVS at Exit 16 in Colchester commenced construction
- May: VT’s first Trader Joe’s opened its doors
- July: Pier 1 imports opened
- July: Northfield Savings Bank’s new operations center broke ground
- September: CVS Pharmacy opened in Derby
- October: St. Albans’ new downtown parking garage opened
- December: New State office building in St. Albans opened
Next year holds many opportunities for us and our community. We are looking forward to the opening of several projects and the progress of many others. The evolution of our commercial real estate landscape is both challenging and fascinating; and we enjoy being a part of solutions and seeing projects through to success. We also look forward to hosting the second annual VDC, complete with new programming, dynamic speakers, and diverse opportunities for networking. We hope to build on this year after year to truly enhance our industry from within.
Thank you to all who make our work possible — colleagues, clients, community. We are truly so lucky to live in this great state and work with the amazing people who make up our world. Happy Holidays!